Let’s face it, foodie friends. We are ALL looking for something to celebrate these days. I have never been good about keeping up with “International/National fill-in-the-blank day ” , but times have changed. I have a little more time to look up these facts and share them with you, lol.
I’ve been ready for this day since October, then again at Christmastime. My cheeseball is NOT your typical one though. It has a theme. No surprise, it’s Disney theme.
One of my favorite movies to watch the last three months of the year (every year) is “The Nightmare Before Christmas”. So on Halloween, I break out my “Jack Skellington” cheeseball recipe, and all my Disney peeps at our party rejoice! It’s Jack, in all his cheesy deliciousness!
And since the movie is really about two holidays, I can take this appetizer into the Christmas season as well!
Of course you an use the recipe year round (without the face) or , get your Disney on and decorate yours to look like our favorite Pumpkin King!
It easy to whip up, and great for an afternoon snack, party appetizer, or as addition to a cheese platter!
Jack Skellington Cheeseball
- 2 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c cooked bacon, crumbled or bacon bits (I use bacon bits, and I like to add a little extra. Everything’s better with bacon!)
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Black olives (some whole, sme cut into halves, for the facial features)
- Parchment or Wax paper for easy molding
- Add all ingredients into a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl with a hand mixer) mix well.
- Place combined ingredients on your parchment or wax paper, pick up with your hands and form into a ball. Make it as round as possible.
- Place your cheeseball on a plate or serving platter, and get ready to decorate!
- Make the details of Jack’s face out of the olives.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour (covered) to set.
- Once set, it’s ready to serve. Add tortilla chips or pretzels (I love the holiday shaped ones!) carrots, crackers or slices of baguette around your creation.
Hope you’ll try this around YOUR kitchen table this weekend!
Happy National Cheeseball day, friends!