Hello and happy friday, foodie friends!
Did you catch my FB Live over on PWC Moms?
I made two summer themed cupcakes! I’m posting the recipe for the Smores cupcakes here, but you can get the pina colada recipe here.
For the S’mores cupcake you will need :
One dozen chocolate cupcakes, baked using your favorite recipe OR a box mix. During the last 5 mins of baking time, insert a marshmallow into center. Continue to bake until melted.
S’MORES CUPCAKE FROSTING
- graham crackers crushed and broken pieces, you choose, for garnish
- Hershey chocolate bars garnish
For the buttercream frosting:
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C shortening
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 3-4 tbsp milk more for a thinner spreading/piping consistency
- In the bowl of a standing mixer (or large bowl if you are using a hand mixer) cream butter and shortening together. Slowly add powdered sugar, and milk.
- Beat ingredients until combined and creamy in texture. Add the marshmallow fluff , continue to beat until incorporated and a good spreading consistency.
- You can pipe on with a decorating tip in a piping bag (I used tip 1M) or spread with spatula. You can also scoop on with an ice cream scoop!
- Top each with graham cracker pieces/crumbs and one little portion of chocolate bar.
Enjoy this favorite campside treat indoors at your next get together!