Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!
This blog post is brought to you by the food and wine duo ( of which I am the foodie half) “The Curly Girls”! Catch the latest episode!
Watch as I demonstrate how easy it is to make two appetizers (well, one can be a hostess gift as well!).
My inspiration for this recipe came from my most recent “Wine Shop at Home” club delivery. I LOVE cookbooks, cooking magazines, and recipe cards. I collect all of the above, and I ADORE the recipe cards I get each month from my club membership.
A few months back I tried this recipe (paired with the sparkling wine I received in my shipment) and my family raved about it. I tweaked a few things, and decided I could incorporate a few other small business products into the “mix” lol. I also realized it’s easily doubled and can be placed in mason jars for gift gifting!
Most of you know that over in the Kitchen, it’s sweets and treats. I love my time on “The Curly Girls” because it gives my the chance to play around with all the other fun food things like appetizers, snacks and main courses.
Now let’s get to the fun part- making this recipe!
SPICED NUT MIX
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp Cinnamon Spice Blend I used Tastefully Simple
- 1 egg white
- 3 1/2 cups mixed nuts I used pecans, peanuts, almonds and cashews
- Preheat your oven to 250. This is a low and slow recipe, so give yourself time. The oven does most of the work!
- Start by mixing sugar and spice mix together in a bowl. Add a dash or salt and pepper if you want.
- Then, in a separate bowl, whip egg white until foamy. Add nuts and mix well. Coat with spices and mix to coat evenly.
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet that is greased OR lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat (I used one from Pampered Chef)
- Finally, bake for one hour, stirring once. Cool , then break apart. Cool completely , then store in airtight container for up to two weeks.
Have you checked out our Pumpkin Pie Brownies?