These are the best individual microwave mug brownies that hit the spot every time. This recipe is a delicious way to get your warm, fresh-baked brownie fix in a hurry.
You might remember the “boozy” version of this from last March, as part of my “year of brownies” series. That recipe yielded four mug brownies, perfect for a family dessert treat.
Today I decided to tweak that recipe for a scaled-down version that yields a single mug brownie, ready in 1 minute and 30 seconds (not including prep time.)
Equipment you’ll need to make yours:
- Microwave safe mug
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Mixing spoon/Spatula
- Mixing bowl (in case you want to mix then pour into the mug )
Ingredients for Individual Mug Brownies:
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Egg yolk
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar or whipped cream
How to make individual microwave mug brownies:
Remember to use a microwave-safe bowl or mug for mixing or heating.
Generously spray your microwave-safe mug or mixing bowl with cooking spray.
Add all the ingredients directly into the mug or mixing bowl and then mix them.
Microwave the brownie mixture in the mug for 1 minute and 30 seconds, test with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
allow to cool, and then top with whipped cream or powdered sugar.
Other toppings you can add to make it even better:
- Fresh fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut shreds
- Chocolate drizzle
- Caramel Drizzle
- Cool whip
The possibilities are endless with this microwave mug brownie. If you try out this recipe snap a picture and tag me. I can’t wait to see the different varieties that you come up with!
Individual Microwave Mug Brownie
- 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 C fresh brewed coffee, cooled (or substitute water)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil (I used butter olive oil for a delicious change up!)
- Powdered sugar or whipped cream to top it off with.
- Generously spray your microwave safe mug with cooking spray.
- You can add the ingredients directly into the mug and mix them in here (if your mug is a bigger , wider mug like mine ) OR mix all ingredients in a standard mixing bowl until combined , then pour into your greased mug.
- Microwave mug for 1 minute and 30 seconds , test with toothpick until it comes out clean. Allow to cool, top with whipped cream (as pictured, I used powdered sugar) or your favorite toppings for a decadent dessert or afternoon treat!
Liked this recipe? Check out these tasty No-Bake Energy Bites. They’re quick and easy. Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up snack or a great addition to your morning breakfast.