Foodie Friends, you know we all have time on our hands these days.
And, you all know how I like to spend my time.
IN THE KITCHEN!
This post is simply me sharing a great recipe with you all… and you do not have to be gluten-free to enjoy it.
Gluten free baking is not something I have on the menu in the Kitchen. That doesn’t mean I won’t try a gluten free recipe and help a friend out with a special treat. I have to say, I haven’t met a gluten free recipe I haven’t liked !
This time, I was just hungry for oatmeal cookies and had a bag of Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats in the pantry. I didn’t notice the words “gluten free” in the recipe, until I looked at the ingredients and noticed something missing….
I read the ingredients list twice and didn’t see any FLOUR listed. HMMM, I thought. Let’s give it a try! They were moist, chewy and oh… a delicious secret ingredient and flavor surprise- peanut butter!
TRADER JOE’S GLUTEN FREE OATMEAL COOKIES
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3 C Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 8 oz chocolate chips (I added more than what recipe called for! )
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C peanut butter
- **original recipe called for 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped nuts , I omitted those but if you like them in your cookies, go for it!
- Preheat oven to 350 . In large bowl, combine the butter and sugars until creamy . Add eggs, vanilla, and baking soda and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix. Now is the time to add your “mix ins” like the chocolate chips, seeds and nuts.
- Place a teaspoon full of dough about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or lightly grease if you don’t have parchment paper).
- Bake 10-12 mins until lightly brown around edges. Yields about 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on thickness.
So there you have it. Go bake yourself happy!